Occasionally there are sales or discount voucher codes available for the purchase of DNA tests for genealogy. I will publish them on this page whenever I'm aware of good deals to share.
Family Tree DNA
- Autosomal Transfer - if you have already done a DNA test with AncestryDNA or 23andMe, instead of purchasing a Family Finder test, you can simply transfer your raw DNA data file to FTDNA for free matching in their people database, and choose to pay US$19 to unlock Family Finder's full features and tools (eg. chromosome browser, matrix, myOrigins).
- Project Discount: For Y-DNA tests (males only), join a FTDNA Project before ordering to save US$20. Find a project matching your surname, or simply start your order by clicking on a reduced-priced kit from Australian Citizens or New Zealand Genetic Families. Learn more about FTDNA projects.
(Note: project discounts apply during most sales, but not all).
- Free Y-DNA tests: Some surname projects offer free Y-DNA tests to encourage males with particular surnames to test - so check the ISOGG list of free DNA tests.
- How to order a Family Tree DNA test (includes how to apply discount voucher codes in your cart).
- An Ancestry-only kit is now available for US residents for US$99 (no health reports).
- Look for occasional banner adverts on the Ancestry Australia website.
- Apply the coupon code FREESHIPDNA in your cart to save $9.95 (not always available).
- Ask in our Facebook DNA support group for any known discount links.
- Living DNA breaks down your ancestry across 80 worldwide regions - three times the detail of other tests. It also breaks down British ancestry across 21 regions, and as new discoveries are made and more regions identified, your results will be updated. (Note: does not yet include a matching database for finding relatives, but this is expected to be added soon).
- MyHeritage.com/dna currently 20% off - US$99 on sale US$79 plus US$12 shipping
A$128.99 on sale A$102.99 plus A$15.99 shipping